Here are a few things to consider when using electricity outdoors:
- Always use an Residual Current Device (RCD) – An electrical safety device used either as a plug top adaptor or within your consumer unit.
- Always isolate the electricity before altering/cleaning equipment
- Always inspect equipment prior to use, including the full length of cable
- Be aware of your surroundings including all electrical cables.
- Never use electrical equipment in wet conditions
But, are you tired of running extension leads around your house and garden to carry out regular garden maintenance or to entertain friends and family?
We are all guilty of running wires from inside the house to the garden but this can create dangerous situations from trips to electric shock.
Electricity and water don’t mix, whether this is from outside ponds and pumps or the English weather. Having all external points correctly Ingress protected (IP Rating) is paramount to electrical safety.
Having a professionally installed, RCD protected external socket/supply either on an external wall or local to the area needed, will remove these issues.